Community Forum     Helping YOU do what YOU want with YOUR data.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Alex O'Byrne  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 20, 2021 11:15:03 AM(UTC)
Alex O'Byrne
Rank: Newbie

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Posts: 9
Australia
Location: Melbourne

Thanks: 1 times

Hi,

When I export to an Excel file from Chem tables, the order of the chemical groups in the exported table is nearly always different from what I have specified in the Chem Profile tab in ESdat Online. Sometimes chemical groups are also split up in the Excel table produced.

Is this a known issue or bug which can be addressed? Manually reordering and assembling the chemical groups in Excel post-export can be quite time-consuming, and it would be great to not have to do this.

Thanks,

Alex

Nick Support  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 20, 2021 11:31:45 AM(UTC)
Nick Support
Rank: Administration

Reputation:

Groups: Registered, Administrators
Posts: 265
Australia

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)

Hello Alex,

Can you please provide some screen captures demonstrating the issue, including the Chem Profile you are using?

Can you also please attach a copy of an exported Excel file showing the different output order?

If you are modifying the Chem Profile, are you saving it before you export to Excel?  If not it may be using the settings from the saved Profile rather than the unsaved one that you have modified.

Thanks, Nick

Alex O'Byrne  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 11, 2021 11:50:46 AM(UTC)
Alex O'Byrne
Rank: Newbie

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Posts: 9
Australia
Location: Melbourne

Thanks: 1 times

Hi Nick,

Apologies for my delayed response.

I have been modifying and saving the Chem Profile prior to exporting to Excel, but this does not seem to prevent the issue.

Please see screenshots attached of the Chem Profile and Excel file.

  • Excel screenshot A: the order of the chemical groups is different to that of the Chem Profile in ESdat. Also note that border lines are not consistent between the groups.
  • Excel screenshot B: the Organochlorine Pesticides group is split in two, and the pH Lab group located near the end of the table (rather than the front).

Funnily enough, this issue has not been occurring for the past couple of weeks, so the Chem Profile screenshot is not of the exact profile used when the Excel tables shown were published. However, it has the same order of chemical groups which I used at the time.

Thanks, Alex

Alex O'Byrne  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 11, 2021 11:53:04 AM(UTC)
Alex O'Byrne
Rank: Newbie

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Posts: 9
Australia
Location: Melbourne

Thanks: 1 times

Sorry, here are the attached screenshots.

Chem profile screenshotpng.png (37kb) downloaded 4 time(s).

Excel Screenshot A

Excel screenshot A.png (33kb) downloaded 5 time(s).

Excel Screenshot B

Excel screenshot B.png (24kb) downloaded 3 time(s).

Nick Support  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 12, 2021 2:52:42 PM(UTC)
Nick Support
Rank: Administration

Reputation:

Groups: Registered, Administrators
Posts: 265
Australia

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)

Hi Alex,

In the Excel Export, there should be a second worksheet which has the settings and filters listed.

Can you please check it and let me know what Chem Profile and Layout it lists?

It should match your browser settings: Chem Profile = Vic_Soils.

I also note you also have quite a few standards enabled.  Can you please export the table with the standards turned off and let me know if it has the same Chem Group sorting error?

Nick

Alex O'Byrne  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 18, 2021 12:16:02 PM(UTC)
Alex O'Byrne
Rank: Newbie

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Posts: 9
Australia
Location: Melbourne

Thanks: 1 times

Hi Nick,

I have checked the Export Info tab, and the Chem Profile is Vic_Soils as in the browser settings. The Layout also matches that in the browser settings.

The Chem Group sorting issue doesn't seem to occur when exporting the table without the standards.

Thanks, Alex

hgetrost  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, May 19, 2021 3:33:57 PM(UTC)
hgetrost
Rank: Administration

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Posts: 41
Woman

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hi Alex,

I have tried to replicate what you are describing using Report EM2105050 with Chem Profile Vic_Soils and Table Setting VIC_SOIL_ANALSIS. 

When exported to excel both with and without the environmental standards the chem grouping is ordered the same as the chem profile. 

Are you still having the same problem? If so can you please advise what settings you are using.

Thanks,

Heide

Alex O'Byrne  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2021 11:08:12 AM(UTC)
Alex O'Byrne
Rank: Newbie

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Posts: 9
Australia
Location: Melbourne

Thanks: 1 times

Hi Heide,

Thanks for checking in. I have not experienced the problem for a little while now (the screenshots are from a file outputted over a month ago), however it was happening fairly regularly for the 2-3 months prior. If it starts occurring again, I will follow up on the issue.

Thanks,

Alex

You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.