Community Forum     Helping YOU do what YOU want with YOUR data.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jerry  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 5, 2021 8:49:29 AM(UTC)
Jerry

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hi,

I had two projects (different project id) under a site.  For each project, I had a TP01.  So two TP01s under the site, but in different projects.  I found when I exported logs, the information of two TP01s will all shown up on the log.  

Even if I opened project 1 and exported TP01 from project 1, the information of TP01 from project 2 also showed up on the log.  I've also tried to open the site and use filter for project 1 and its TP01, and I still get the same results.

Are there any solutions for this? 

Regards,

Jerry

Kimberley_Support  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 5, 2021 1:45:49 PM(UTC)
Kimberley_Support

Groups: Registered, Administrators
Australia

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Hi Jerry,

In ESdat each location code must be unique for each site. Two location codes with identical names cannot exist for 2 different projects on the one site. 

A new location code with a different name will need to be created for the 2nd project. Then ensure that the correct information for 'original' TP01 and 'alternative' TP01 is uploaded to the relevant project. Delete out any incorrect information from the projects.

Regards

​​​​​​​Kimberley

thanks 1 user thanked Kimberley_Support for this useful post.
Jerry on 8/5/2021(UTC)
Jerry  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 5, 2021 2:26:45 PM(UTC)
Jerry

Thanks Kimberley.

I tried to code in the gedts file to join Geology table against the Projects table on Project_ID, and then let ESlog take information from the joined table.  But it turned out that no Project_ID column exists in the Geology table.  However, I can see the Project_ID column in Geology table if I open a site.  Did I miss anything? or it was just simply not working like this.  I can't see on the background how the strucutre of the whole Geology table looks like.

Kimberley_Support  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 5, 2021 3:26:59 PM(UTC)
Kimberley_Support

Groups: Registered, Administrators
Australia

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Hi Jerry - Geology records are linked to the location code which is unique to a site. You cannot have 2 location codes with the same name on the one site. What you have done is linked both sets of geology data to the one location.

Location codes are controlled by the site ID not the project ID, so whether you upload the data in one project or another you will always be uploading to the same location. The same thing goes for displaying the data, you will always see all of your geology data even in both projects. This is separate from the eslog uploads and gedts files.

You will need to firstly delete the geology data from your second TP01 record. Create a new location code for the duplicate (and you can do this in the 2nd project). Then reupload your geology data to the correct location code

Regards

Kimberley

Jerry  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 5, 2021 4:32:02 PM(UTC)
Jerry

Thanks Kimberley.

I was trying to achieve the seperation via editting gedts.  But as you indicated, look like they are different processes.  I can remove the duplicate and use a different location code.  Thanks for the tip.

Cheers,

Jerry

thanks 1 user thanked Jerry for this useful post.
Kimberley_Support on 8/5/2021(UTC)